SHORT TRAINING SCIENTIFIC MISSIONS
STSMs are available for the period: 1st January to 30th April.
Applications deadline: 20th December.
The aim of a Short-Term Scientific Mission (STSM) is to contribute to the scientific objectives of a COST Action. These Missions (Exchange Visits) are aimed at strengthening the existing network by allowing scientists to go to an institution or laboratory of any Action member in either another COST or a non-COST country member of the Action to foster collaboration, to learn a new technique or to take measurements using instruments and/or methods not available in their own institution/laboratory. Full details are available here
All MOLSPIN members and their students/colleagues involved in WG activities are invited to submit one or more STSM applications. The applicant could be a PhD
student, a Postdoc or staff member in an institution located in a COST Country of our Action which has been formally accepted to be part of our Action. Priority will be
given to applications from ECIs (Early Career Investigators) - formerly known as Early Stage Researchers - i.e. those within 8 years of receiving their PhD.
STSMs not allocated in one call will be offered again in the following call.
STSMs must be related to one of the Working Group Themes.
1- Complete an STSM application form on eCOST
(you must register and create an account).
2- Send the completed eCOST application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A letter of invitation from a senior researcher affiliated to the Host institution.
2. A motivation letter including a work plan detailing the proposed activities. It should include:
- Scientific objectives (around 1 page without figures) mentioning to which Working Groups the proposal is most related to. A brief state-of-the art should be provided and the novelty of expected results should be highlighted.
- A working plan (around 1 page without figures) describing the planned experiments for each week and expected results.
3. A support letter / email from the Home Institution.
4. A full C.V. (including a list of academic publications - if applicable)
When the application has been approved you will receive an offer letter from eCOST.
Make sure you keep this as you will need to send a signed copy to
with your report in order to receive funding after your visit.
Successful applicants will be invited to prepare a short cover story (with photos preferably) for the Action Web Site, after the completion of the STSM.
Call: STSMs from June 15th
to September 15th
Call: STSMs from September 15th
to December 31st