•Doctoral Thesis Regulations
Procedures and established deadlines for the assignment of a tutor and a thesis director will follow the regulations of the University of Valencia for all students, independently of where the student is enrolled. Link
1. Supramolecular chemistry, molecular recognition and molecular self-assembly in Nanoscience: design of functional molecules and molecular-based nanostructures. Organization of molecules in surfaces and interfaces.
2. Crystal engineering and Molecular Materials design: Molecular conductors and superconductors. Multifunctional molecular materials. Molecular photonic materials. Magnetic molecular materials. Switchable molecular materials. Porous coordination polymers (MOFs). Hybrid materials.
3. Molecular electronics: Preparation, study and theoretical modelling of optoelectronics materials, nanostructures and devices (solar cells, OLEDs, OFETs, molecular lasers…). Carbon nanostructures (fullerenes, carbon nanotubes, graphene, etc.) and its use in molecular electronics. Preparation, study and theoretical modelling of unimolecular electronic devices.
4. Molecular Nanomagnetism: Preparation, study and theoretical modelling of molecular nanomagnets and molecular nanostructures. Molecules and materials for molecular spintronics. Magnetic molecules for quantum computing. Electronic and magnetic characterization of molecules and nanomaterials by proximity microscopy techniques (STM, AFM, MFM).
5. Applications of molecular nanoscience: Applications of coordination chemistry in molecular magnetism and spintronics. Applications of coordination chemistry in molecular electronics. Biomedical applications of molecules and molecular nanomaterials. Molecular sensors. Molecular optoelectronic devices (solar cells, OLEDs, molecular lasers, etc.). Direct fuel production with solar light. Molecular spintronics devices (molecular spin-valves, spin-OLEDs, spin-OFETs, etc.).
2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | in process